Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Stitches

I swear I don't beat my children- but from the looks of Kate over the past few weeks you wouldn't believe me! On Thursday, she ran into the table at church and got a little shiner under her right eye. The next day we had some friends over and all the kids were running around in the basement. Kate ran right into the door and split her forehead open. I took her to the after hours care as soon as our company left. I figured I should be the one take her; the hubby doesn't have a strong stomach for needles. Remember this? The next Sunday we were at my parents' house and Kate was on the swing in the backyard. All of a sudden the rope came unhooked on one side and Kate swung sideways hanging half-way out and smashed her head on the metal poll. I felt sick for her! The rope gave her a burn on her left cheek. Poor thing! I think we are finally in the clear; it has been a few days since she has had an injury! Leave it to this girl to be our first set of stitches!

7 comments:

Jessica K. said...

Oh poor Kate! I hope everything heals quickly!!

Rochelleht said...

WOW! Unbelievable. I'm so sorry. Any more visits to urgent care, and you may be getting a visit from cps... ;-)

The Fife's said...

poor girl!

Kimbo said...

poor thing is right, but even sad and injured she is still sooooo adorable!!!

Ali and Rob said...

darn it.. i'm laughing a little cuz, my Kash has had a bit of the same stuff!! stitches 2x on his chin.. more fat lips than I can count, way surprised he didn't loose all his teeth.. and blk eyes too!! poor thing, hope she's on the mend...we know your a great mom!! :)

Jewelcat said...

OMGOSH! Poor thing is right! It's so sad, but kinda funny! give her boo boo's kisses from her Auntie Jewel <3

stephgardner said...

Well, the scars are proof that you've lived a full, interesting and adventurous life - you wouldn't want it any other way!