Thursday, August 4, 2011

California Coast



Caroline diggin' the beach for the first time... that's my girl!

Kate loved every second!


The boys really LOVED swimming in the ocean this time around! Just don't ask them about our near tsunami experience! A giant wave came in unexpectedly and washed a lot of our stuff (including kids) into the water. It was CRAZY and the kids were screaming- running around! Chip ran after Quincy and my nephew and pulled them out of the wave before they smashed into the rocks and the rest of us scrambled to get all the other kids to high ground including two babies in strollers. It was NUTS! Thankfully we only lost a few shoes and none of the people!


This is Caroline 99.9% of the time! Really, someone pinch me... she is an angel!


One big highlight... getting a pedicure with Kate and my sis and her daughter Ellie! Kate was in heaven!


I swear I took more pictures than this!! I didn't even get one of my cute brother and his family that we came to visit! I am so glad they live there now! It's a great excuse to get out that way more often! I really am in heaven when we are there! It's so nostalgic and wonderful! One week wasn't enough! It was such a treat to have my whole family there (minus my cute brother in Africa).

2 comments:

The Fife's said...

You guys have had a busy summer!

Jewelcat said...

So fun! :)